Sunday, September 28, 2008

Power House

On Saturday Tom and I went to the Powerhouse which is the engineering museum. It was really neat. When we first got there we sat outside for a few minutes and seconds after I took a photo of the outside a storm trooper walked by. In the very left side of the photo you can see the girl he was walking with. Tom and I got pretty excited and I wasn't able to take a picture as my camera was putting the panorama together. :P

I did get a picture of R2-D2.

The entrance to one of the floors.

They had a room with a bunch of displays of changes in fashion and pottery etc.. This was some Art Nouveau stuff I liked.

Massive wheel for an old brewery.

A piece of the moon. There was also a room that had a cylinder that would rotate around you that looked like the inside of a spaceship. It was so crazy cause when it turned it feels like you're the one moving.



The old train schedule.

Best part of the schedule. Toronto and Hamilton were on it too. :)

An old Art Deco cinema.


A couple of drawing for a music machine.. I think.



And now some buildings I've been eying for a while.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To make up for the dearth of comments - the museum looks wonderful - that's the kind ofplace I could spend a could of days. Love to see that r2d2 is employed - finding work as an actor after having such a notorious role is really difficult. Love the buildings ! Can you bring any home?

Anonymous said...

Uh forgot to mention the moon rock - did you notice that it actually floating? They had to build a giant pyramid around the thing to hold it in place so it wouldn't float away. The whole moon is made up of the anti gravity stone. Ihear mizuma is working with some moonstones to develop high end volleyballs with great bounce!

Anonymous said...

yah R2 looked pretty good, he's a natural for the role. ;)

So that's how the moon stays up in the sky... but I would think that it being rock would make it not such a good choice for volleyballs. lol.

Unknown said...

...I want that cash machine