Monday, August 25, 2008

To the Zoo!

Today I worked and it was the usual. Not overly exciting as can be expected from warehouse work. But... on Sunday I wet to Toronga Zoo with Tatjana, Daniel, Philipp, Wibke, Ben and Tom. That was pretty darn cool. I saw a bunch of animals that I'd never seen other than on T.V. and I throughly enjoyed how close it all was to the city. :)

Pelicans are much larger than I realized... this picture does it no justice.

I can't tell you how excited I was that the emu, kangaroo and wallaby were chilling altogether. It made photos that much easier.

The area with these guys was totally open so we could walk around with them. I didn't think of eating any kangaroos once... which surprises me now. mm... so tasty. lol.

Somewhere amongst all this talk of spiders, kangaroos and kolas I completely forgot about dingos. They're the most beautiful wild dogs I've ever seen and I want one.

It's a bird on a stick.. I've got no idea what it's really called. But I found it funny.

Again don't know the name, but it had great colours.

The watchful kola. There was one with a baby but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture. It was really cute though. Philipp has decided he wants to eat a kola. But in NSW it's illegal to even pet one, so I don't think he'll be able to.

Tom and a giant metal snake. They had these statues all over the place. Some were very misleading as to the size of the real animals.

Liz from the magic school bus. :)

This guy almost put his frill up.. but he didn't get angry at us. Just a little ticked off.

Zebras and Giraffes anyone?

This one put on a bit of a show, walking around to see everyone.

This is what I mean by close to the city.

There was something not quite right about this habitat.


Tatjana, an elephant and the city.

This bear had some serious issues getting on top of this rock.


Check for danger.

I think I was the only one amused by the flying whales.

Some people actually wanted their picture with this beast. It was huge and monstrous and has changed my opinion of seals forever.

I see a ferry.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

kitties! (and meerkats!)

Unknown said...

Since you're down under I guess everything is upside down - even the whales can fly! BTW dingos are extremely dangerous persons - they are known to eat small children. Miso will be glad to know her relatives are in fine form and looking out for themselves while she's on holiday.