Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some pictures for real this time

Ok, so I was really bad with putting pictures up of my apartment... I'm going to blame that on not being able to hook my computer up to the internet. But thanks to Josh I can now.
I think I'm required to wish my mum a very happy birthday. ;)

So it's almost the end of my second week of school and I still like my classes. I've started some art stuff and learned some basic flash animation. Tomorrow is the first day of my glass elective. I'm very excited.

Tonight I went to a couple of gallery openings. The first was an undergraduate show at Vanishing Point Gallery that included work from students from most if not all the art colleges in Sydney. Josh had some of the work he did in Canada in it. There was quite a lot of neat stuff. Including a talking comfy chair and an anatomical study of mermaids. The second show was at the Annandale Hotel, which is a pub on the first floor and what used to be a hotel upstairs. So a long hall way with rooms.. it worked really well as a gallery.

Hmm.. this week I explored my suburb a little. I'm about 5 minutes from the main road in Balmain which has all kinds of shops, grocers, and restaurants. And I've got a cafe and corner shop 2 seconds away from the house. It's really lovely. I've got my buses close to worked out and I sort of know where the suburbs are in relation to each other. So things are going pretty well.

I am starting to learn German now. My friend Timo is giving me sentences to memorize. I have five at the moment.
1) Ich bin sehr freundlich - I am very friendly
2) Ich bin hungrig- I am hungry
3) In der Ecke ist schimmel- in the corner there is mold... this one is relevant only to one particular room. schimmel means mold, it also means white horse.
4) Ich bin sehr mude ("u" should have two dots over it)- I am very tired
5) Ich finde manner ("a" has those dots) toll, besonders blonde- means something along the lines of "I like blond men"... I should mention that Timo is blond. He wouldn't tell me what this one meant until after I had said it.

These are a few pictures of my apartment. Basic layout is you enter through the front hall and there's stairs in front of you. Beside them is the dinning room. The computer room is at the front off the hall. After the dinning room you walk down a few steps into the kitchen. Out the back door from the kitchen is our laundry/ bathroom. There's a patio with a laundry line and at the back of the yard is the toilet. One of my favourite things is the brick wall we have around the backyard... instead of a fence. It feels a little more private. Up stairs on the first level is my room at the back of the house so I over look the backyard. I wake up to palm trees everyday which is so sweet! Up a few more stairs is Toby and Lucy's room and the living room which is at the front and has a terrace. I have to take a few more pictures of the back yard and front of the house.. but these are to tide you over. :)
Hallway from the stairs

Stairs and dinning room from hall.

Kitchen from the mini-stairs.

Our out house and part of the back wall.

My bedroom window. My room is a little messy at the moment so no pictures of that just yet.

My backyard view from my room. The little white box/shed is the toilet and the roof is where our laundry and bath are.

Living room.. it's on the second floor the blue doors lead to the terrace.

View out the front window through our terrace. One of my favourite houses is just off the left side.

They have a bunch of fantastic old cars here... This is only one I've seen parked.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool car...very beautiful location. So do you wake up to the sound of birds?

Sara said...

omgosh this place is adorable! not student-ghetto-y at all, i love it!