Sunday, August 17, 2008

School Update

Alright, so my glass class finally started this past Friday. I thought perhaps I'd be less excited because I've gotten so used to having my Friday afternoons off. But the intro to the projects and techniques totally won me over. It sounds like I'll be able to work my print stuff in really well with what we're learning so I can't wait to start. :) I'll have to take some pictures of my work as I go along.

Todays picture is the first layer of my first litho print. Fingers crossed I remembered how to etch well enough that I works when I test it tomorrow. A note: this is actually the reverse of the image, cause when I print it everything gets flipped horizontally.


The idea that I'm working with is close ups of parts of castles under water. So the next few layers will be adding atmosphere and hopefully make it look at little more submerged. I haven't done anything quite like this before so I'll be doing a lot of experimenting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I was drawing gargoyles this week too :)
Clearly it is because they are awesome :D

Unknown said...

Im intrigued by your glass blowing class - hope we get to see some of your work in that. Can't believe you didn't include any picks of your friends in this round - wow mid terms must be getting close!;-)

Madeleine said...

um... I also always forget to take pictures of my friends. But this weekend I will. I'm going to the zoo. :P