Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Birthday Post

Happy Birthday Me!
Perhaps I shouldn't write that... happy birthday to Chuck too. :D

So this week there were some more animal sightings. On Friday I was in a park waiting to meet up with some friends and Tom was eating some food. Minutes after sitting down I saw a small animal walking across the grass. My first thought was that it was a funny looking cat.. turns out it was a possum. It was lured by the food and came to check us out. It was crawling all over the bench and almost onto my lap a couple times. Definitely a highlight of the night. :) Then a second one came over and they fought for a bit. It was great.


I have also learned this week that going out every night means you're burned out come the weekend. So I didn't get up to much. I did manage to take some pictures of the front of my house though.

Mine is the pinkish- cream and red one in the middle... with the funny tree.

These are some shots of the inside of a couple of the print studios. The first one is screen print. It looks out to a court yard that is wonderfully sunny in the mornings. It makes it a little hard to go across the hall to litho.


Litho!!

This one gets bigger if you click on it... actually they all do I think... The corner on the left is my desk space. It's pretty nice. There's not many people in there so I can do what I want.

That's it for now. I'll try to remember to take pictures of my birthday party/ gathering.

This isn't my picture... well it sort of is. Tatjana is traveling around with her parents right now and she sent this to me on facebook. I thought it was wonderful and fantastic of her so here it is...


10 comments:

Chuck said...

OMG the banner!

Madeleine said...

ok.. maybe it deserves to be on photoshop disasters... but it serves its purpose. lol.

Unknown said...

OK - Tatjana is cool - that is the best birthday greeting ever. And I like possums - they are so cute! Hopefully you do manage to get some work done in studio - although al lwork and no play makes Maddy a boring girl - so there you go. Did you know that the root of the word possum is Greek?....

Unknown said...

Oh - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY - although we did that on the phone. Hope you had a good one.

Unknown said...

So, uh, what's the difference between a "birthday" and a "birthaday"...just wondering...:D

Unknown said...

Ya - and whose Tom anyway? How come he's not in any photos?

Madeleine said...

Simone you would point out my one spelling mistake wouldn't you. And on my birthday too! Soo evil.

Unknown said...

Uh, Maddy, that's my job.
It's been my job since I could read(over your shoulder).
Oh, and....that wasn't your only mistake(...LOVE YOU).

:D

Madeleine said...

You're forgetting the fact that it's my birthday...

I think you should take a little time to relax and then ignore the spelling mistakes.

Unknown said...

(Sigh) Maddy, those mistakes are hidden and don't really matter, I just ignore them. BUT THIS ONE WAS RIGHT THERE!!! IN BIG BOLD LETTERS...IT WAS THE TITLE!!!
I have to make fun of that one...
It's like a Photoshop Disasters thing I MEAN, I LOVE YOU!