Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Moving Experience

Ok, So lots has happened. I have a few pictures from a walk that Tom and took around the harbour in Balmain.

This thing of which I don't know the proper name, had been push off the wall we were standing on. It was huge and probably very heavy. Tom and I were discussing the possibility of making it an addition to our living room. The thought of carrying it anywhere pretty much put a stop to that idea though.


This area of the harbour is a ferry stop, and this boat hangs out there too.


Another fantastic car.



I've been looking after Tom's four month old nephew for a couple days a week, till Aurah (Tom's sister) finishes the work on her art show. It's very fun, luckily I thought to bring a book with me on the first day, I'd forgot just how much babies sleep and how much work they are to look after. Saxon is very very cute  and we've been going on walks. Last Friday he was wearing a really adorable onesie that was printed like a snow leopard. It was unbelievably cute. Tom's sister lives in an area that has a little walk way behind it. One direction leads to a hike through the woods and the other through a park and around the water. It's a very nice stroll. I had Saxon strapped into a carrier, he was very interested in everything going on.


This Monday I moved into my apartment, it's pretty great. I haven't taken any proper pictures of it yet and unfortunately our internet usb stick is pretty slow so loading lots of picture into my blog is very tedious. So we're going to look into a more proper internet connection.  We have a few last things to get before the apartment is really workable, such as table legs for my desk/ dinning table. It's very exciting.

4 comments:

Jane said...

OMG there's a snow leopard in the last picture. Hmmm dangerous...

Unknown said...

OH my goodness. Adorable little snow leopard onesie!!!

mbaynger said...

Although I've never seen such an object dislodged from a dock, I would say it's a capstan. Basically a hitching post for ships. Very heavy.

Madeleine said...

yup that's exactly what it is. And it was quite huge.