Yesterday was another day of sun. Tom took me on his historic tour of Balmain, which took us to East Balmain. We grabbed a coffee from a café owned by a friend of Tom's to start our journey. As a non-coffee drinker I'd like to point out that it was one of the best cappuccinos I've ever had.
These parking spots are on the next street over from were I'm staying now.
We walked through some really lovely streets, and down some very steep hills. It didn't occur to me that at the end of the walk we'd need to get back up those hills. The first park we went to was a little area carved out of a hill that looked out over some shipping yards across to the city.
This park also had a wall for some art.
Some houses that are a small taste of why I love Balmain.
The next park was also the base for the water police. They have all their boats tied up according to size and a killer view to boot.
Here is an aesthetic that I find a bit odd.
Original convict stone. As in chipped by hand by the convicts of old.
Fake convict stone. So you can pretend that your house/ building was chiseled by criminals... interesting.
The tour wrapped up shortly after we passed this house. The former residence of the drummer for ACDC.
Today Tom's parent got back from the holiday house and the whole family came over for dinner. Jan gave me these white lilies as a welcome back.
Tom and I made pasta as it's a pretty safe bet for the kids (Tom's sister has three small kids, the oldest being in kinder-garden/ kindi). Aside from the kids, there were eight adults, so it was a full table and a really lovely dinner. Finlay, Tom's niece, really enjoyed saying my name and I don't know if there's anything cuter that a wee Aussie accent. Tonight we're off to see a movie, there's not much on so I think we're going for Iron Man 2. Tomorrow we'll be off to the holiday house for a week by the lake.
2 comments:
There's nothing like fake convict stone - is that fake convicts or fake stone? Very weird aesthetic.
Hahaha, I like the idea that it's made by fake convicts.
Post a Comment