Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jumping off cliffs

Alright I'll start with Friday night.

Friday night I had my goodbye BBQ. I bought heaps of sausages and prepare for my guests. As no one RSVP's these days their numbers could have been anywhere from 8 to 17. There were a lot of sausages.

In the end I think there were 8- 10. Mandi and Greg invited some people and a few of Tom's friends came by as well as some of mine. It was loads of fun and we had sausages for the next couple of days.

Tom got dressed up for the event.

Saturday was the movie watching, sausage eating recovery day.

Sunday Evan showed up at our door in the morning to ask Tom to help him move. When they finished that we decided to go to a beach as it was a perfect day. We grabbed Mandi and headed for Nelson Park. It's a tiny little national park in the middle of the city. The first part of it we went to was a cliff that you can jump in to the water from. Only Evan did it.

As we walked back to go to the beach we found some signs about the plants in the park. It turns out there is a tree called a she-oak that was discovered in Nelson park that doesn't exist anywhere else in the Australia. So there are only 10 trees in the world. Pretty crazy.

The ship is the Endeavor... a replica of the first ship to discover Australia. This is the view from the cliff.
The beach was pretty great. It was fairly small and yet not over crowded. There was a cafe to feed us (had it been serving food still) and a shark net to stop us from feeding the wildlife. We hung out there for a while and got hungry. So after taking a necissary dip in the water.. which was Canadian warm. We left for some fish and chips. First how ever I was informed I would be jumping off the cliff.



After much debate I decided I would try it with Tom. We ran up to the edge and I chickened out. So neither of us went in. After a few moments I worked up the courage to try again. This time we ran Tom jumped, I let go of his hand and watched him fall out of site.


It wasn't until he surfaced that he realized I didn't quite make it over the edge.

I stood there for a good 10 minutes while Evan and Mandi tried to convince me to do it. But it just wasn't going to happen.

It turns out that my fear of heights prevent my legs from working once I get close to a cliff edge.

After waiting in the cold water for me to jump Tom head's back up to dry off.

We had our fish and chip in Bondi as the sun started to set.

Evan and Mandi decided to get some movies this was greeted people as they enter the movie store.

No comments: