Sunday, November 23, 2008

Grad Show

Yesterday I went back to school to take some pictures of other parts of the grad show. So here they are.
The first place we went was sculpture. A warning one of the works is a little on the naughty side but is really impressive.

This was a concrete sculpture that among it's materials lists "you" which in this case meant Tom. The umbrella looks fuzzy but is actually in a plastic case that looks like sword. It was very neat.

Here's where it get a bit naughty. I saw one of these giraffes sticking out of the sculpture workshop while it was being constructed. It was only plaster then. What really caught my attention is how the artist put the colour on.



It's plasticine!

These are Josh's prints. The first one is an image of the train tracks in Halifax right near where I lived last year. Josh lived about 30 seconds away from me.


In this print the yellow is actually the image of a cheese cloth. I really like it, there's a 3-D quality even without shadow.


The last one he printed plays with much free forms coming from water colours which then have a tradition style wallpaper design printed over top.

Now here are a number of other works that I don't know as much about but enjoyed.



These first artists are all in the first room of the print section. Next is the hall that leads to the print studios.



There's a second room in middle.






There's also a super little room that Louise had her work installed.


These are done with pencil crayons.







There's another little room off the side that has a tv and a couple drawing by the same artist. There a chair set up so you can watch his animation. It's done like a silent film.





These are silver plates and spoons that have printed images placed in the bottom then sealed in resin.




In photography...


Some ceramics work...


For a certain little musician

Glass..



This is in a main gallery space in the center of the school.

ok it's not really an art work... but I love how the windows looked through the canvas wall.



Here's a few more pictures of the school for good measure.

The cafeteria

Just on the other side of that wall is the glass courtyard.

Passage from photo, past glass and back towards the cafe.

Entrance to the ceramics courtyard.

Inside the court yard.



And finally some houses and buildings


Annandale post office... one of my first landmarks.





This Tuesday I'm off to Cairns to go snorkeling... provided the weather is alright. So no blogs till at least Thursday. I also have plans for a goodbye BBQ this weekend which I pretty excited about.

3 comments:

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......

Wilfredo Arturo Villafana LiƱan said...

Nice Blog. Please visit my Blog: www.guilloncity.blogspot.com. I hope your visit and commentary. Best regards. Wilfredo

Peachy said...

hi, cool photos you have got here :), greeting from malaysia, marilyn