Thursday, November 13, 2008

Last Week of School

This week was spent finishing up projects and having crits in glass and print. My glass crit went really well minus me getting my first Aussie sunburn. We had to sit outside for 3 hours waiting for our turn to meeting with our teacher and the head of glass. It was a dangerously beautiful day, my shoulders and knees are not to happy at the moment. It wasn't all bad though, we had fruit, crackers and cheese and some champagne and white wine while we waited.

One of my glass pieces exploded in the kiln and I didn't have time to do it again so I have one project finished. I really like it so I put it in the grad show with my other work.. and I kept some bits of the other one cause they looked cool. :P

This is in the glass courtyard, I have no idea what the tower used to be. The room just to the bottom right is the mold making room. I spent a fair amount of time in there.

This is the glass blowing room.

Today was my print crit. It was also the beginning of set up for the grad show. The crit went well and I got all my work ready for the show so it was a pretty successful day all round. Tomorrow I go in to return keys ad clean up and bring everything home.

Here is my work installed. Each print is 58 cm wide and about 8 1/2 feet long. My glass window is 8 cm by 11cm.

I printed this pattern first. I was basing it on Moorish designs.

This design was inspired by a retro shirt that Tom found.

A close up of the octo component.

It's a little hard to get a sense of in this photo. But the colours are painted on different layers of glass so there is a depth the it that I really enjoy.

After I get everything taken care of at school Tom and I are going to his holiday house for the weekend and I finally get to relax a bit. :)

These are a few pictures I took of things I've happened across and liked.

This is in the park ground of the school.

This is in Balmain near where I used to live.

On my way to school this morning.


Tonight when Toma and I got home we sat out in the back yard. The sun was almost completely gone and over head we watched what must have been hundreds of fruit bats fly across. Some came really close to us. It was pretty great. And incredibly hard to get a good shot with hardly any light.

The tiny black dots that you can kind of see are just a few of the many bats we saw.

Here's a few pictures of the new house.
Dining room from backyard.

This is just to the right of the dining room.


The hall to the room. We some people staying in the attic at the moment so it's a full house with 6 of us.

Living rooms.

Front hall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your prints and can't wait to see your glass!!