Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Move and a wee bit more

Due to some pressure from some anonymous readers.... Chuck. I have an update on the move. I don't have internet at the new place worked out yet so it's made blogging a bit tricky. I'm at school at the moment. Hopefully that all gets dealt with tonight.

The move went well. On Sunday afternoon Tom's mum drove us and all my stuff to Surry Hills. Part of the move included a room swap which didn't happen until last night. So my bags hung out in the living room for a while. Surry Hills is a 10 minute walk from downtown Sydney and very nicely placed on top of a hugemungous hill. It's great fun to walk up at the end of a long day with sore feet. That was last night for me. 

The house is much bigger that my last and the washroom is inside.. and there's two. :) I have no pictures at the moment but I will. My room is nice a big with two double window doors that open on to a terrace. The sun comes in in the morning and makes for a very pleasant wake up. I pretty pleased with it all.  Oh yes and there's a courtyard in the back which, with the beginning of summer has become filled with plants as one of my new housemates has a green thumb. 

On the school front it's all a bit of madness. I just put the last bit of my glass work into the kiln today with fingers crossed it'll all work out. This afternoon I have to go crazy with printing so that I can get it all finished in time. next Tuesday is my glass final crit and the following Thursday is my printmaking one. That weekend Tom and I are planning to go to his family's holiday house so I can relax and beginning working on my tan. ;) 

Hopefully that has satisfied a certain someone. Pictures shall follow soon. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how Chuck gets blamed for everything....can't wait for the pictures. Sounds like a beautiful house.