Alright I finally have internet at my new house and I have a couple of weekends to cover.
Halloween weekend was great. Tom and I went to a friends Halloween party. I was a bit surprised to hear that one was being held as most people I talked to had no clue what it was about or even when it happened. lol. While I got ready I had a couple of trick or treaters.. they knocked on the door but didn't quite have to hang of actually saying trick or treat. I did have any candy unfortunately.

Tom was a dead crazy cat lady. The cat was the kind that meowed and moved it's head, on the way to my house he accidentally broke it's neck. It suited the costume but was a bit creepy when it tried to move.

I was batman/ girl. I had bright orange gloves, my belt, a batman pair of binoculars that had a head set plug in so you could eaves drop (they were a big hit), and a couple of socks roles and pined that held my camera and phone/ money. It was a pretty convincing utility belt. :)

This is Colby providing the music for the party. I couldn't get over his very purple costume. He had a matching purse too. It was great.

Saturday Tom, Jan (his mum) and I went to film the Older Woman's Network.. well I just watched. All the performances were singing, short skits and poems. I really enjoyed it.

Then we took Billy for a walk that tired her out so much she couldn't even eat a cookie.
Sunday was the big moving day.
Monday was the start of a crazy and tiring week. I snapped some pictures of some beautiful trees that are everywhere in Sydney. They're an incredible purple and when standing on a hill it's possible to see every single one in the area.

This has a couple of those tress and the central one (I think is eucalyptus) has a big heart carved into it.

This is the printmedia courtyard. The grey chair is great to sit in when it's sunny. The purple tree often has kookaburras in it. This is just before sunset.

This is a partially finished print. I just completed it today. It's about 8 1/2 feet long. As you can see to print it I have to role it up. It's a bit crazy but it works. :) I have one more of these (different pattern) to finish before Thursday.
This past weekend Tom and I hung out in the city. Saturday was spent tracking down some internet. It proved to be quite elusive, in fact we had to go all the way to China town to find some.

Saturday also presented me with the perfect opportunity to make a video of the monorail at one of the cool stations. I still have to get one of it going through downtown over everyones heads.
Sunday we went to the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) and saw a really neat show. It was famous moments and art redone using mannequins dressed in very bright Victorian era costumes. It was pretty incredible.
This brings us to today. In the morning I set up my glass works for my final crit tomorrow and finished off that print I showed earlier.
3 comments:
Mum: Is that the same batman costume that you wore to daycare...;-)
Simone:I'm uh...I'm kinda surprised...wow.
Chuck: The Batman costume never dies....
Deeda deeda deeda deeeda
deeeda deeeda deeeda deeeda
BATMAN!!!...
BATMAN!!!Batman!!! batman!!!
Deeda deeeda deeeda deeeda(POW)
Deeeda deeeda deeeda deeeda(SOC)
(BAM!!!)
...
Simone: Oh yeah...
And just why are you surprised exactly?
Well, didn't you wear that outfit in daycare - many years ago? Isn't it kind of small for you now?
Post a Comment