Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Swap Box

At the beginning of the summer I noticed a new addition to the neighbourhood. I've been keeping my eye on it and taking photos pretty much every time I walk past it. It's a swap box. Here's how it looked the first time I saw it. This is also the first time I saw something in it.
 Not bad, some little books, temporary tattoos, pretty nice little swap.

A couple weeks ago a local parent decided that it could be neater and 'nicer' if it was covered in carefully outlined daisies. Harumph!

 I have a growing collection of photos of the little nick knacks etc, that I've seen in it so I'll just show you the most recent gifts that were left. Also note that the parent had to fix the imperfect heart inside.  When I saw this offering of pens and paper with the marshes I couldn't help but notice it seemed a bit out of place.

I could tell this wasn't the most successful swap since it took a week for this to happen. I was very curious about that white thing in the bag. I was also surprised to learn that the paper was actually golf score cards.


Including a used card. wow.

About 3 days later the box was mostly empty. The white thing is revealed to be a realtor advertisement. Since this flop of a swap I'm happy to report I actually saw my first swap in action. A dad and his three daughters emptied the box and put in some more appropriate toys. Though I haven't put those photos on to my computer just yet.


Some fun pictures. The first apartment viewing day was extremely hot and by lunch time both Tom and I were ready for food. I had a small meal in mind but when my food came out I was given a slightly different portion size. Oh my!


Simone just finished her Grade 12 English course. This is a project she did for it. Very nice.


A couple weeks ago Tom came home a little something he bought at work. This precious juicer has served very amusing to some of our house hold members. I cringe a little, but I am getting fonder of it. 
Slowly.

Finally the whole reason for this post. I learned the extent of Chuck's evil streak, when he said he had the perfect toy for the swap box.


No comments: