Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jelly!

Wow. This is a post I prepped ages ago and then forgot to finish. Oh dear.  This is a colour comparison of my two jams. On the left is a balsamic and cracked pepper jam and on the right my super pure strawberry jelly. mmmmm.

Chuck made some yummy yummy rhubarb jellies.

That's a lot of jelly.

The sugar is to stop it from sticking. Chuck cut it into bite sized bits.

It was really nice and smooth. I had to try a couple pieces for quality control.

Sugaring to stop them from sticking.

All done and ready to eat... in two more hours. The jelly would half soak in the sugar on the outside so that it was less grainy.

Chuck also made a grape fruit sorbet that I noticed was a very similar colour to the jelly. Definitely a theme going on.

No comments: