So here's the first fireworks show. This is a pretty long video of it (3 min) and at one point around 2:40 minutes I say "Look at the bridge". That's because it looked like it had a wall of fire underneath it.
This video best demonstrates the feeling I was trying to get across in a previous post, the one I partly wrote right after watching the fireworks. Here you get to see the multiple shows going on and just how much smoke was in the air from them. It was incredible and dramatic and looked like the end of the world. If you can look past the shakiness due to me trying to watch the show with my eyes and film it with the camera. You can see the 3 or 4 other shows in other bays. They make a line towards the bottom right corner and the red fire works made it seem very apocalyptic.
This one the bridge makes it's final appearance. Having not been visible for a few minutes it lights up and takes back the show. You may have noticed that in the video above the crowd sounds much more rowdy. And it's the same in this one, that's because this is the midnight show so most of the kids are gone and everyone's been partying.
Yum yum yum! It was at the point of cutting that I realized I don't have a cake lift. That will go on my list.
This is on the outside of the courtyard. My apartment is diagonally behind these. I just enjoy the colour of the building and the plants doing their best to grow on the bricks.
I got a very exciting gift in the mail last week from my Grandma and Grandad. It has fueled me to delve into some embroidery.
This is the first motif I tried. Very simple but with entirely the wrong needle took a very long time. Most of it spent on threading the needle... it literally took an entire Simpsons episode. The eye was too small and round/ wider than the shaft of the needle.
Once I picked the designs I wanted to do I immediately dragged Tom out to find some shirts to embellish. This is actually more of a tunic/ beach dress. And it's not my normal colour choice, however it was the only one I could find that had a pocket. Because I really really wanted the "feral cat" to be on a pocket.
The pocket frames the cat nicely while the embroidery renders the pocket useless. Just a quick glance makes it pretty clear that I have not actually mastered this art. For now I'm going to chalk a lot of that up to having little to no control of the needle when pulling it through, due to the amount of force it took. So a stitch that I may have wanted to be long and looser would become bunched up and tight.
For my next one I want to do one of these figures. I haven't decided which one yet. I've picked a gray t-shirt for it and the same colours but a bit darker. Sort of more like fall colours. I also really like the idea in the photo, having them as an allover pattern.
I now have a tea towel wall.
These cricket ones came with the Inca embroidery book. This image sums up how I imagine the sport completely. Lots of well dressed people watching the players in their white outfits and stylish jackets. Having tea breaks in the middle of the game. It is also fun for me from a screen printers point of view. I have a habit of breaking printed images down into the colour layers to see how it was planned out. Nerdy I know.
The rules given here I'm proud to say I can actually follow.











No comments:
Post a Comment