For this trip to the holiday house Tom's dad drove us up. Right after arriving he suggested we check out the kangaroos that Tom and I had been told about during our last visit. All of us were expecting maybe 10 kangaroos if we were lucky. We had no idea if they'd even be in the park that day. So we drove out to the hospital grounds/ park and as were going up the road Tom looking out his window asks "Where are all these roos?" As he said that I had looked out the other side and spotted them... all of them. There were possible 50 roos just hanging out all over the grass. It was AWESOME!!!
This is one of the big ones, I saw two. It was probably about my size which would make it a red kangaroo. However most of the others were much smaller. Which suggests to me that there were multiple species hanging out together. Strange.
This guy was part of a pair that watched us very carefully. And didn't move.
If this sign is correct the kangaroos were possibly assembling for an emergency. I'm guessing the emergency was that they were hungry.
More roos. I didn't get that close but on the other side of the field I could see a family with bread feeding them.
Now there are two big reds. What are they plotting!?!
Excuse the shakiness I'm still not used to filming with a camera that moves when I breath.
This sign made all of us laugh when we saw the hours for alcohol consumption.
Here's something neat that I happened across on a walk. These gum trees shed their bark in the summer and I noticed these ones had strange marks on them.
Upon closer inspection they're still strange.
Another neat tree. This one had a vine grow around it and ended up twisted.
Possibly my favourite part of our trip was learning cricket. This is Tom preparing our ball. I've gotten fairly good at bowling (despite the odd head shot at Tom) however my batting is still pretty uncoordinated. The bat is much heavier than I realized and I want to swing rather than block. Baseball habits are hard to kick apparently.
This is a recording of the cicadas in the woods near the holiday house. Their hum completely surrounds you and gets in to your head. That should be annoying but it somehow avoids that by sounding like you're on another planet.
Mmm Chocolate?
Oh wait no it's a wall.












No comments:
Post a Comment