Day 4: Recovery day. I managed to get a little too much sun on the river, not much but enough that I had to cover up with a hoodie despite the heat. I took the chance to photograph some of the neat finds around where we were staying.
Here's an unusual stilt system.
Nothing like a touch of deco to spruce up any small town. It was one of my favourite buildings.
Day 5: Before heading back to Sydney we drove down a small dirt road to a spot where we could look for crystals in the rock. It was in a big field next to a mountainous hill. Right before I took this I found out Tom spotted a snake along the river he guessed it was about 6 feet long. I was a little sad I didn't get to see it... but not that sad.
The surrounding field. I find it funny how everything can look very green and lush, but not quite as lush as in Canada. The greens here are more yellow due to the huge difference in water supply.
Tom's finds at the end of the day. Most of the finds were clusters of small crystals, I found it amazing to see how they formed within the rock. A lot had rust on them (the orange and red colours) which when washed off reveal the true appearance of the crystals.
This is what crystal hunting looks like.
My crystals have been freed from their rock.
Here's a little summary of some of the other finds we made. The really clear one in the middle was my best find. If it were about twice the length it would probably be able to be considered a gem stone.
These one's are more clusters, unfortunately the glitteriness of them didn't come out as I had hoped in the photo.
Just as we were leaving I spotted a little bug on Tom's shirt. A new one for my photo collection. I have no idea what it is.
The drive back gave me an opportunity to finally get a picture of these signs. I'm really amused by them because I like the idea of these popping up in everyday situations. You are about to choose a movie and this sign appears and you realize that the movie must be really bad.
These are some candies I bought at the market on day 1. I hadn't seen any in this style for years and couldn't resist. They were way more detailed than any I've encountered before. Very yummy. I'm tempted to try my hand at making some, I like the idea of putting pictures in candy. Each picture is the flavour but the bottom left one was mysterious to me. Tom took one look and proclaimed it to be passion fruit (I was going the route of disco ball).
Alright I'm now almost up to date. To get me a little closer I'm going to take you all back to Christmas day. There were about 14 people maybe more if I were to actually count them and 4 generations. We had a very yummy lunch Veronica and I finished off the lobster mornay (making it that is).
Jan and Ray found some massive party crackers for the kids. Saxon looks a little perplexed by it all. Though how many people can say their cracker was twice the size of them.
Tom and Max. This is the first time I've seen Tom looking so festive.
After the lunch Rory started up a game with Tom and his new Christmas toy. Tom stood at the bottom of the stairs and Rory would shoot his toy for Tom to catch. This is Lucas Tom's cousin's son.
Here Rory and Finny test out some of their lolly bag goodies. A careful examination of Finny's face shows evidence of some chocolate testing too. She reminded me of a certain little sister in her younger days. Yes Simone I mean you.
Before Tom and I left for our trip to the holiday house I did some more playing with my camera. This is one of the tap in our laundry hut.
Our palm tree.
During a walk around Tom and I found the local fish and chip shop. My favourite part of it is the sign on the corner that uses a picture of a fish rather than the word. Also the huge scale of their claim.
This is a monument across the street from our apartment. It's in an odd place in the courtyard of a telephone provider.
This is out back of our house. It's the neighbour's scarecrow. I wonder if it actually works.
My Christmas treat. I have always wanted to fit together lots of Toblerone bars and I was very pleased to find they had done it for me.
muwahahahahaha.
Next up will be the Holiday house.






























No comments:
Post a Comment