Friday, January 21, 2011

Ah Sunday Beach Days At Last!

For the last two weeks I have been planning to go to a beach on Sunday. Last Sunday was too cloudy and this Sunday we were sooo close to not going. Until we were invited by Aurah to join them at Balmoral Beach. Which is about a 45min- two bus trip from us in Drummoyne. Tom considers it a kids beach because there's no waves and he blamed the lack of waves for his lack of swimming. It was also Aurah's birthday so while the kids played we sipped champagne and beer on the beach. How nice!
I love the root system of these trees.

Right before Tom and I left I realized I had forgotten to get pictures of the beach. The section we were in was enclosed by a jetty that had a net around it to stop any children from floating away. Handy.


Just as Tom and I were leaving we saw a bus at the stop. not recognizing the number we checked the schedule next to it to see what came after. The whole time the bus sat there with it's door open, however not once did the bus driver think to mention that his was the last bus until Monday morning. Right as we made this discovery on our own he drove off. This left us with the task of finding our way back to a main road. We found a short cut which at the time seemed unbelievably steep.


Then we walked up the stairs next to it.

We made it up the stairs, enjoying it's view of the bay we were just in.

At the top the hill continued, I admired some houses but was distraught to find out that the next three blocks were just more steep hill and stairs. Groan!


When we finally made it to the bus stop I saw a familiar sight. Up till now I had no idea that lululemon had reached Oz. I also thought it was funny that on this store they advertised it as "affordable" active wear. Sure it is. Great tiles on the building though!

Some time ago my chili plant and bulbs died in a flurry of aphids and soap. After the necessary time needed to recover from the loss and just enough to forget my theory that perhaps growing plants isn't meant to include inside balcony-less apartments. I bought two new chili plants and a sweet basil plant.




Ah the beauty of the first day of purchase. Since then this one has been blown off the window on to my desk twice and yesterday I returned home to find all of its leaves curdled up. After putting it back in it place and some water it now looks healthy again.  My red chili plant still hasn't forgiven me and it taking longer to fix it's leaves. grrr.

When we bought the basil Tom really wanted a big plant. As you can see here I foolishly put it right in front of the open part of the window. With in a few hours it had face planted onto my desk and now has an even more prominent lean. I have managed to use some of its leaves in food though. Which makes me very happy.


These filo tarts had the basil in them. yum yum yum!


 Long long ago I posted a picture of me when I was about 3. I thought I'd add to that collection this little treasure. A young Thomas before he discovered his true dislike of school uniforms. There was a great picture of him in a homemade kangaroo costume but I thought I'd be nice. hehehe.

No comments: