Tuesday, December 7, 2010

More Christmas Stuff

So today Jan got me to pick up some new flowers for her set, my mission get some "Christmas Bush". Here's how things transpired:
I walk up to the flower shop look at all the strange and unusual flowers all unlabeled. I walk into the store and up to the counter.
Me: Hi, I've been sent to get some Christmas bush. But I have no idea what it looks like. Do you have any?
Man behind the counter: Come with me.
We walk out to the front of the store and he picks up a bunch of flowers.
Man now at front of store: This is Christmas bush, do you want it?
Me: yup
We walk back in so I can pay, he rings up my bill in silence. Wraps up the flowers then hands them to me.
Man behind counter again: Now you can pretend you knew what Christmas bush looks like.
Me: yaaaaaahhh

It does look very very pretty and very very Christmassy. Here it is in its new home.


I helped Jan pot a flower she found in her garden. It was in a little bit of an awkward spot so long arms were needed. I must admit I used a broom to de-spider the area. There weren't really any there but I felt better about it.  In a couple of spots in an around her plants we found these. They were a little bigger than a quarter in size (that's including legs), but what caught my eye was all the colour and pattern on them. Of course right as I got in close for the picture the spider had a little spaz out then returned exactly to it's former position. I think something must have touched a bit of it's web and it went crazy when it went over to check it out. Never the less it made me wonder if it would jump on me.. so a used the zoom. I also had to use Jan's new camera because mine refused to focus on such a small object when there were so many big leaves it could focus on behind the spider. grrr. I highly recommend clicking on this picture to get a good close up of it. Because the spider is pretty beautiful... for a spider.

No comments: