A quick note. One of my finer editing examples is airing Thursday on TVS 10:30pm Ottawa time. It's about an art show that three women artists had and show cases their work in that exhibit. If you click here it will take you to the website where you can click on the big button at the top of the page that lets you watch what's on TVS live. If you're not on Ottawa time this is a really good website for converting times.
Oh yes, it means that I'm going to be on TV! I might be in two episodes but the one I do know about for sure is the Christmas Special. I'm just doing the final touches to it tomorrow and then it will be ready to send off. It should air at 8pm on the 26th here, which is 4 am Ottawa time (same day though). I'd recommend the 26th at 9pm Ottawa time viewing instead. I'll have all the final details soon and the link to the page you can watch it on. I have a special message for everyone back home so it would be wonderful if you watched it.
So many ages ago I promised pictures of the courtyard next to my apartment... that is on the other side of the parking lot. This weekend I realized it was time to do some grocery shopping with my camera and that was because our fruit and veg shop is now selling Christmas trees. It was a little hard to get any one picture to encompass all of that, that is the courtyard so here are a few shots. Not all are amazing but they serve their purpose.
This is the fruit and veg shop. I just found out they sell the only milk in Australia that I can actually drink by the glass. I love that even the pine trees are incredibly different here. On the right side of the picture you can see the sign for the butchers, the glass windows in the middle are a pretty decent pizza shop, the chalk board to the left of that is for the amazing café and to the left of that is the pharmacy. What you can't see are the two dress shops, the sushi restaurant #1, another café and a subway that are on the other side of the building and ace the street.
Here you can see some of the flowers they also sell, they usually have some orchids, calla lilies, pineapple plants, and lots of herb plants. To the left of the fruit and veg shop is the grocery store, which has a very limited supply of fruit and veg, probably because they are next to this!
The large and wonderful tree in the almost center of the courtyard. It does a great job of covering you from rain and sun. Behind it is the Franklins (grocery store). To the left is another entrance to the courtyard (there are three) and in it is a hairdressers and the second sushi restaurant. To the right, that triangleish spot of light behind the Christmas trees, is the entrance to the parking lot that separates my buildings from this place. Along it is a dry cleaners and a very nice looking shoe shop.
The butcher.
The baker(y). The far left is the bakery, that would be it's shelf outside. Those stairs to the second level lead to a spa. And on the other side (the road side) is a ski and snow board store.
So basically almost everything you could need is right in this building complex. I really really love that is has such a nice courtyard area. I'll have to be less shy and just take some decent pictures of it one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment