I am still amazed at just how gold it is. It really looks like a little jewel.
They're named Christmas beetles because they only come out around this time of the year. Perhaps because of their colours and because they don't do anything bad everyone seems to like them. My only experience with a live one was this time two years ago. When I was trying to release it back outside. The beetle decided that it would rather pretend to be dead and did so. Very well.
Here's a little size comparison for you. Not what I would consider small. Right now it's my favourite bug discovery so far.
In other seasonal news. Today Jan had Santa come by for an interview. Aurah and the kids came as well and it was so adorable to see them react to Santa. Both Rory and Finny had a gift for him and they sang jingle bells all together for the show. It was really sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment