So this weeks fabric contest is candles. My design uses the candles to reveal the inner identities of the animals. It was a fun challenge, I painted the animals and their candles separately from their "walls" and the background separate from that. Putting all the pieces into a working repeat and a half brick one at that was the hardest part. Lining everything up, making sure there were no white lines came next followed by figuring out a name. Tom and I deliberated on it if for a little bit. Both of us throwing out various words for things. I did a lot of thesaurus consultations. I settled on "The Secret Dreams of Candle-lit Creatures". I picture it as a blanket or as kids p.j.'s. As usual clicking on the picture below will bring you to the main contest page and from there you can click on the weekly contest section to vote. Voting starts on December 1.
So far I'm feeling very good about this one, and I'm beginning to start on my next design. Time Travel! So far I'm only picturing clocks.. I'm just not sure how to get the theme across just yet. Ideas are welcome.

No comments:
Post a Comment