Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chicken and Windows

Last week the cooking bonanza continued. It was unintentionally chicken themed. Starting with a Mediterranean style roast. It was stuffed with cous-cous, pistachios, dates and a bit of honey. It was very delicious.

A couple nights later I tried my hand at a chicken, arugula and goat cheese roland. I didn't have any toothpicks to hold it together so I improvised.

 The final product. The goat cheese tasted so good both Tom and I couldn't believe that we didn't like it when we were younger. I've been dreaming about it ever since.

In other news, I've recently discovered a fabric site, Spoonflower.com. It allows people to design their own fabric and if they want sell it through the site. They also have weekly contests which anyone can vote in. I've just entered one, the theme is vampires. So here's my first entry. I'll be entering another at the end of the month as well. Feel free to vote for me. :D If you click on the picture below it will take you to the contest.

This morning I had an interesting experience. I was woken up at little after 7:30 by a slightly panicked sounding window installer explaining that he needed to install the new windows today but he called the wrong apartment last night, thus I got no warning. I asked how long I had to get ready and put all my stuff in a dust safe area? 10 minutes. It was a long day to say the least. And there was some serious dust clean up after.

The window is gone.

The new ones look pretty darn good. 

I spy some scaffolding outside my rooms.

No comments: