So much mushroom meat....... mmmmmm.
On Monday afternoon I decided I had to do some sewing. It's getting very close to summer and I have a bunch of dresses I'd like to make for then. A few weeks ago Jan gave me some fabric she had had floating around for a year or so. And I totally fell in love with it. After staring at it and flipping through my collection of patterns a few times I settled on a halter dress.
I still need to add a zipper so I haven't been able to take it in as much as I plan to. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to put it on.
It's very simple but I fully love it. Of course as soon as I made it the weather got grey and chilly. So I'm waiting for the sun.
My own personal touch was to make the neckband braided instead of one plain strip.
I've already got another dress ready to be cut and sewed tomorrow, it's a silk one and should be great on a hot day. It's also a little fancy. I'm pretty excited. :)
Oh yes and happy birthday Bubba! As of 15 minutes ago it was the 21st. I finally changed my blog posts to Aussie time so I'm not always publishing them in the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment