Max's girlfriend Veronica.
I had some lobster, it was pretty darn yummy.
Tom's mum Jan takes a break from all the setting up. There were 18 people all together so there was some serious food prep.
Rory and Finny.
Down at the other end of the table is Ray, Tom's dad and Max next to him.
After all the food we got little party bags.
Saxon stole the show after lunch. He absolutely loved the balloons.
Last night I made momo for dinner, which are Tibetan dumplings. This time I found the perfect sized circle for tracing.
My set up. The white bowl beside the frying pan had the dipping sauce in it. I was impressed with how basic it was, soy sauce, vinegar and chopped ginger. And it matched the flavour of the dumpling perfectly.
I realized part way through that we were going to have to steam the dumplings to cook them. The recipe called for lining the steamer with banana leaves too. Both things that I do not have. So Tom rigged up a steaming system. Almost a double boiler.
The rest of the batch. The holes in the top are to stop them from exploding!
The final product. mmmm.
Yesterday we got a taste of how the apartment will be in the summer. Hot. I had to turn the ceiling fan on in the living room for the first time. I'm very glad that we have one.
No comments:
Post a Comment