Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It was a dark and stormy weekend...

But before that storm started there was some sun and warmth. And it was great. I went through a number of dresses just because I can now wear them without sweaters and tights. Yay!



 Saturday started out really lovely, Tom and I planned to get some snacks and picnic in the park. Along the way I realized I had to pick some things up for my sewing, including a zipper for the very dress I was wearing (the one in the last post). When we arrived at the shopping mall we realized that the storm was rolling in. Tom took some pictures of it from the balcony of the mall, the whole time whispering about the "storm gulls". They do look pretty ominous with the clouds behind them.

Then I grabbed the camera to try and capture the line of seagulls forming in front of us. As I turned on the camera they promptly flew away. Lucky for me they didn't go far. 

Just off center to the right is a cloud that both of us loved... it's a jellyfish cloud. And it stayed like that the whole time we were eating. 

 Two things about this picture. A) It looks like I have a mullet (not good) B)I'm drinking from a "Donut King" cup which really adds to my classy appearance. Tom and I thought about going for coffee, then we saw the sign for a chili dog with jalapeno salsa (I must try and make some of my own). Unfortunately the man serving us took so long to make the hot dogs and then made our drinks that the dogs were more on the just warm side. My berry smoothie tasted very fake and strange, with no hint of any berry. One positive thing I did notice was that unlike our version of a Donut King the coffee you got there was not drip, but espresso made with a fairly fancy looking machine.

Yah, it's another storm picture. But only because it looked so good. Enough so that as we raced the rain back home we stopped a few times on the way to admire it. Also palms trees make everything look so nice. 

 The other stop. This building has been empty for a fair while looking for renters. Then one day....
 Any Santa that would wear his full suit on Christmas day would have to be a little crazy from what I hear. Apparently it's one of the hottest days of the year.

My latest culinary discovery is pre-made pappadams. Sort of. They come in a package but they're not cooked yet. I decided I had to make a video to show just why I find them so fun to make. Everything was going great, then I told Tom to start filming only to discover the oil had gotten too hot. Which I found out because the first two takes were full of burnt pappadams. ewww. So I cooled the oil and pulled this amazingly perfect one. After the take we looked around to see our entire apartment was full of misty looking smoke. Nice. At least I got to eat my pappadams while it cleared.

No comments: