Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dessert

So I've been practicing making Pavlova for the Christmas lunch. It took a very long time to beat the meringue, 2 and a half podcasts to be exact. Mostly because I tried beating it with a hand mixer that totally didn't work. Even though I beat it to the extreme and had Tom's help, it still was too runny to building up for the base. It ended up being huge and flat but very very soft and delicious on the inside. I ended up cutting it in half and layering it. While not the prettiest looking dessert I've ever seen it was really really yummy. My plan is it to make a bunch of small meringue bases for the lunch that I can top with cream and berries before I serve them.



I shall show updates of my future attempts.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your desert isn't very sandy.
Looks tasty though.
:)

Madeleine said...

Thanks simone, I love it when you spell check my work. so so much.

Unknown said...

Hey, when I read 'desert' I expect desert.
And if you really didn't care, then you wouldn't have even bothered changing it :)

Jane said...

So did the recipe call for creme of tartar to make the merengue stiffer?