Monday, June 8, 2009

Visits, coffee and ferries

First the last of the Rare Type show pictures.

This area is in front of the elevators. These books are by Paul, my teacher. He's working on a way to document all the different types.



Across from that I took some of everyones excess prints and compiled them.

Tanya's prints. She spray painted the colour and print the text over in clear ink.


This weekend Tom and I met up with Janet and Grant who were in town for an Amnesty meeting. After meeting them at the rare type show Tom and I went to the farmers market and up spring garden to watch a movie. Before the movie we thought we'd grab some coffee.

Mine was a puppy dog.

Tom's was a dragon.


After a walk through the public gardens we went to our movie.
The underwater pylons warns you that if when swimming it is dangerous to stay submerged for too long.


Outside the garden.
Yesterday we took the ferry over to Woodside to check out the new value village.



Clearly we were the only ones amazed by the massive ship crossing our path.
From this point of view it looked like the cranes on the main land were attacking the island.



When you get off the ferry you have a choice. Continue up stairs and walk across the overpass OR run over a train track and hike up a steep hill into the parking lot. I was amused to see the large number of business suit scrambling up the hill. I only caught the tail end of it in the photo though.



At value village Tom found some stylish jackets. But they were either two small or too big.

I snagged this framed and ceramic picture. I'm planning some octo-additions for it.

When we went to take the ferry back to Halifax we discovered that the Woodside ferry stops at 5:54pm. And there were no buses in the area. So we walked around the the harbour on a path that followed the train tracks. Tom figured it would take us 30 minutes to reach the bridge and 10 to cross it. 40 minutes later we were about 2/3's of the way there. We took a stroll through downtown Dartmouth and caught a bus to the bridge terminal. We decided we may as well do some grocery shopping and get a cab over the bridge and back home. My feet were a bit destroyed as I was not wearing the best walking shoes... I figured they'd be hurting because we had to walk over a fair amount of gravel and when we did it I could feel every stone through my shoes. Oddly enough however, it's not the soles of the my feet that hurt but the tops of my baby and fourth toes and only on my right foot. They apparently got rubbed against the inside of my shoe. It was a great walk despite this, beautiful weather and a forested path. We didn't even get lost!
Tomorrow hopefully we have someone coming to check our place out. We are just going through the process of clearing everything and finding someone to move in. Then we can come home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, you drank coffee...

Anonymous said...

Dudette, dude! And yes, coffee, but coffee with a puppy on it. totally cool.