Saturday, June 4, 2011

Back in Canada

Well it's been over a week and I am now relaxed and rested enough to sit down and share my last full day in Sydney. 

Tom and I had a few last errand to run including picking up my painting for the Pyrmont Art Prize from Tap Gallery.
Also getting rid of $100 worth of change.

This spot is particularly good for finding neat cars.

Tom and I had breakfast at a cute cafe that I'd being eying for ages. The Orange Peel Cafe. It was really great and full of Beatles music. Interestingly, later when we caught the bus, the driver was also playing the Beatles.


mmm... so warm on a chilly day.

A fun find while waiting for the bus.

Right near Tap Gallery I found this great car. I love it when they having matching hubcaps, or at least one matching hubcap.

On our way back through the city I grabbed a shot of this art work. It was hard work getting the shot though because it was so windy on that corner. Almost like being back in Halifax.

Getting a close blue and having the right scale is a nice touch.

This is in a tiny side road that winds behind and between houses in Balmain. There are a few nice little houses including one that has a tree that turns purple in the summer and covers the ground in its bright petals. 

Time to leave for Canada. Our first flight was late getting in so Tom and I got to observe some of the other passengers. I turned around and saw the spray painted directions on this chair. As I said to Tom, "what else can you do if you need a wheelchair."

Leaving Vancouver. Our map finally worked. We boarded our flight in Sydney and Vancouver at the same time on the same day and because it was a continuous flight they were the same number.

I love that 1 mile is nothing to an airplane.

So now that Tom and I are back in Canada we are searching for jobs and a place to live. I should have some updates of various things I've found since arriving, though I'm still unpacking and organizing so it might be a bit before I get back into regular posts.

No comments: