Friday, June 24, 2011

Life on the Farm

On our last evening in Toronto (right after bootcamp) we all went to Rib Fest. There weren't as many stalls as I remembered from Ottawa but they certainly made up for that in size.

Saturday Tom and I hoped on a bus to Kingston, 5 1/2 hours later we arrived. Yikes. Sunday was amazing and Grandma took us along the pier to check out the view. Here's a photo Tom took, I love the scuba divers in the foreground. 

In the afternoon we visited Janet an Grant, here are a few highlights. A baby pearl onion from the garden, I had a nibble to see what it tasted like and it was so strong it was almost spicy. Tom popped a whole one in his mouth.

We went in to the barn and I really really liked how the light came through the walls. It was very peaceful and would make a pretty amazing summer hangout, not so much in the winter. 

Some of the wild flowers. 

Grant explained to Tom and I that when you live on a farm you retire old machinery and vehicle to the fields. Which explains the presence of a boat left behind by the formers owners.

I visited the horses and managed to capture some nice photos of Bell and Eli. 


When I wanted to get a picture of both of us Bell started to become difficult.  What you can't see here is that Bell is looking straight at me. Cheeky!

Going out of her way to look silly. 

On the job front, Tom and I have been looking for employment and as of today Tom is at least for the short term working at an antiques shop. I'm all excited and it sounds like Tom's enjoying it so far so we'll see how it goes. Yay!

No comments: