Here is a demolition site that I really liked. Mostly it's the colours of the former walls and how you can see the basic structure of elements like walls and stairs.
Here's some tourist that was standing in front of the CN Tower.
Tom and I spontaneously decided to go up it and see the city.
It was amazing that Toronto could look small ever.
Here's a standard postcard shot. These photos were an absolute nightmare to take but thanks to the magic of Lightroom it is now possible to see our faces in the dark tower and the shiny city outside.
Very postcardy.
This one is particulary strange looking but I swear it all really happened. I had to muster a fair bit of mental strength to stand on the glass for even a small amount of time. My brain just doesn't like heights even when I know I'm completely safe.
When I was a kid and I went to the CN Tower I saw a picture that explained the glass floor could hold a full grown white rhino. When I was standing on it this time I had images of a white rhino standing on the floor and the glass suddenly falling away, my mental image stopped with everything in free fall. Probably the worst thing to run through my mind.
The normal floor is right next to Tom. I didn't want to go too far out.
On Wednesday Tom and I had a big museum day. The key to this day was that both the ROM and the AGO have a free evening on Wednesday and in fact the AGO's starts 30 minutes after the ROM's ends. Which gave us just enough time to walk down the street to it. Before we went to the big museums Tom and I checked out the Gardiner Ceramics Museum. It was the first time I've ever been. The collection covers most of the world, starting in South America.
I really like these figural vessels, both animals and faces. The mix of realism and simplified graphics.
I love the figure with the fish/ lizard head. It's expression is fantastic and sort of reminds me of a kung-fu master teaching a student.
This reminded me of three dogs that like to look out the window.
Detail.
These four photos are close ups of areas I really liked on some European pieces. I'm planning on printing them out fairly big as a set.
This one got my attention because of the creatures that make up the boarder.
The early European work is very funny. Here are some depictions of the kings at the time.
A couple examples of early Japanese pottery. I really love the lines on this one.
And the colour in contrast with the bird on this.
Tom requested I photograph these characters. Some of this figural stuff I've never quite gotten the appeal of. Though these ones are pretty hilarious. I enjoyed that the museum set them up in a little scene.
These bottles are only a couple inches high. It's interesting going into the photos later and zooming into see what's actually painted. It's a very different technique since the objects have to be fairly simplified due to the scale. Only little suggestive lines are used for the shadows and hair.
Devils chocolate cupcake with mint icing. So simple and yet so delicious.
At the Rom we started out in the Edward Burtynsky exhibit. It was really amazing I think I got Tom hooked on it. We're going to have to watch his doco "Manufactured Landscapes" next.
I insisted we go to the dinosaur rooms next and ended up with these two photos that to me look like glamour shots.
I really liked the texture and colours of the plant fossils. They remind me of prints.
Spotted on the way to the AGO.
I decided I should have more that one picture of me from this trip.
On our way home Tom and I went through St. Patrick station. I liked how Tom added to the over all green.
Thursday we popped by the distillery district to replenish my chocolate supply and enjoy some gelato.
Tom bonded with Razoo for a bit.
More adventures to come, but 30+ photos is enough from one blog update. :)

































No comments:
Post a Comment