Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fish part two

The first shark sighting

The tunnel allowed for some nice close looks at their mouths.

More sharks... we watched them for a while.
Sting ray.

Again.

A potato cod

The rare and elusive exit fish. I believe I'm the only one lucky enough to photograph it.
I don't remember what this one was called. It had some great designs on it's face.

The entrance to the museum. (This is for Soraya)


We were in the shark tunnel for a while and it wasn't till the very end that the manta ray moved. Excuse the horrible filming job.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you see any revolving exit fish? I hear they are on the endangered list. You have to watch not to get caught in their fins. We saw some whale sharks on a nature show - very strange - were there any at the aquarium?

Unknown said...

Maddy, you NEED to look up "eel shark" or something like that on Youtube...it's pretty freaky man:)

Unknown said...

I love that second picture of the sting-ray...oh, and I think that potato cod is shunning you.

Madeleine said...

By eel shark did you mean the prehistoric frill shark? Cause I've seen that before and yah it is pretty crazy. :P By the way that potato cod was turning around to look at me. I don't get shunned by fish. ;)

Unknown said...

OK so when does this blog get updated/any new news? I mean, your audience awaits you - we've just been introduced to your adventures in Oz - we've had but a sip, a sample, a meer morsal. Now we can't wait to hear about karaoke and nights out on the town.

By the way, I think Simone meant tha the potato cod was stunning you - thats the only defense that a cod has against attack - otherwise they might end up as baked potato cod or mashed potato cod.

Unknown said...

No, no...I meant shunning

Sara said...

hahaha sweet exit fish