I was going to be moving in to my new apartment tomorrow but one of my new roommates to be has been called away to work for the day so that's been pushed back to Saturday afternoon.
Today was my day off from classes and I spent it with three of my German friends, Niko, Timo and Tatjana. We had lunch at in a part of the city called The Rocks. Which I understand is one of the oldest parts of Sydney. From there we wandered over to the opera house and sat in the sun for a while.
Timo had an evening class so when he left Nika, Tatjana and I walked through the Botanical Gardens (I didn't see any bats so I have to go back) and then went to the aquarium. Which was FANTASTIC!!! I forgot to warn the other two that I really like sea creatures so I kept getting left behind. lol. Everything was pretty fantastic except that the only octopus was hiding and there were no jelly fish. Only a big picture of jellies at the end. They played calm classical music in the shark viewing tunnels, as opposed to the seal sounds that they had for the seal exhibit. Unfortunately the seals weren't actually swimming so we just looked at the empty water and listened to what we could have seen.
To top off my day Josh's mom made a Thai salad with kangaroo. It was delicious. It turns out kangaroos are such fantastic animals that not only are they cute and jumpy.. they are also very tasty.
These were some very small and pretty fish. They seemed quite content to just swim very quickly in circles. (I don't know what it sounds like so feel free to hit mute)
13 comments:
Now that you've eaten 'roo, can roast lamb be far behind? The "cute, but tasty" barrier has been broken :-)
DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!!!!
Its too late now- she's tasted the flesh of 'Roo - Piglet is next and then its Pooh....wait until you travel to France Simone. Mmmmmmm....lamb, fois gras, pied de couchon.
You've forgotten the know a lamb barrier.
I should mention I've now also tried veal... and it was also really good. But that doesn't mean I'm goign to give into lamb!
Haven't you learned not to eat veal from watching Southpark? Geeez, we almost had the choice to eat veal during the Quebec trip, but did I take it? NO...I chose fish instead, which, by the way was EXTREMELY delicious, and don't you say that the veal was too, cause I won't listen( lalala!)oh yeah and about the kangaroo...I have mixed feelings about that...I can only hope that you didn't eat Joey...then again, if you did, I could say that you ate a kangaroo baby...and use it against you...:)
Simone... veal is a beautiful thing wen cooked properly. And the south park episode did actually come up over dinner. lol. I'm going to assume that it wasn't a joey. I don't think you can hold something against me if I liked it...
So glad to see your discussions of food preferences has graduated beyond onion rings and chicken nuggets.
They haven't.
This is true... Chuck now that I've eaten two cute animals. I think it's time you try some onion rings.
When you say "you" do you mean me?
Cause I've tried onion rings, in fact, I was the one who asked if I could have some in Vancouver...
...I ended up having squid instead.
Wait...do you mean Chuck?
Oh right!
He hates onions...
They're too cute for him.
i can't believe you ate kangaroo!!!?!??
It was good... and how could I not at least try it. I'm in Australia! lol
Post a Comment