Monday, May 23, 2011

Iphone photos

A couple weeks ago Tom found me a nice second hand iphone to match his. I have since taken a few test photos. I also have an app that adds effects to the photos.
This is the night before the move day. Chaos, boxes and tiny things everywhere that need to be collected and put away.

We prepare to pack our stuff in to Max's van.

Last week was my last that included playing with Saxon. I'm definitely going to miss him and his adorableness.

Saxon paired this look with a few "MY". Meaning my iphone, I want to play. hahaha, nice try.


Zacky's spotted a Kookaburra in a tree near us. Time to check it out.

If only I had my proper camera you could see it better. This was the first time I was close enough to see that they actually have blue on them.

Saturday afternoon I was invited to a girls wine night in Paddington. This is my waiting courtyard. Surprisingly quite and peaceful considering it's right next to the main road.


While I waited for the others I noticed this gallery/ shop.  The Art of Dr. Seuss. It was awesome, I had no idea that Suess's drawing were turned into lithograph prints. Really really nice litho's too. If I had a spare $500, I would definitely be coming home with one.

Sunday afternoon Tom and I were exhausted. I was feeling a bit icky and decided to have a nap. With the mattress already out on the balcony Tom convinced me to nap outside. An hour later I woke up with the sun shining over me, the tin roof overhead and lorikeets nibbling on flowers in the top of one of the trees. To me it just totally summarized Australia and was so amazing.

However since the move I've been less organized with the charging of my camera and didn't have it next to me, so the iphone saved the day even if it's photos are no match for my canon's.

Sunday evening we had a joint feast for Max's birthday and Tom and my departure. It was really really nice. Very relaxed, sea food themed and perfect considering I'd just woken up again. Jan had been asking those of us celebrating what they wanted to have at the feast and my choice was desert. Surprise, surprise. On Sunday morning Tom and I made our way to Rozelle to the cafe of pastry chef Adriano Zumbo, you may remember his macarons from a previous post. Tom is still grumbling about how he thinks Zumbo's only popular because he's been on TV, despite enjoying every food we've bought there. Sunday Tom had a red curry chicken pie and loved it and still managed to grumble while chewing. hehehe
Grumble, grumble, grumble.


Here is the cake we picked up. It's about 6 layers of different chocolate gnashes, cake, cookie base etc. Totally divine. It's a 6" cake and we managed to get through 1/3 of it with 10 people.

So... yah it was amazing. 

Aurah holds Saxon back from climbing across the table to Finaly's lolly bag. It was the first time I think Saxon has really had a chance to try so many variations on sugar and fortunately for him Finlay (who was making her way through her bag) would take a bite of one not like it and hand it over to him.

Tom did a little jamming.


To his captive audience.

Here are a couple cars spotted while we brought our cake back.




Over all I'd say while handy the iphone camera has this bad habit of changing the light. Some times it looks nice but mostly it bothers me. Also they're much fewer pixels and thus can only really be looked at on the iphone.

This is Tom's latest and final seawall.
And now a note from Tom:
This section of the wall took me and one other about 4 weeks to build. It's about two meters high and 10 meters long. The whole wall took 4 months including a set of stairs. See you in a few days!

No comments: