More cooking adventures at home this week. Summer really brings out this side of Tom and I. Friday was pork dumpling night. We got some wonton wrappers and mixed up the enough filling for almost 60 dumplings!
Last night was the sens game and since Tom has become such an avid follower we got all set to watch it. A nice twist for hockey night was a surprise Heston experiment for dinner. Which ironically caused Tom to miss a third of the game as he secretly toiled away. The delicious result and perhaps the best fish I've ever eaten was rainbow trout on potatoes with a mustard and dill pickle sauce. Amazing!
All this Hestoning has culminated in Tom suggesting that we look into a nitros oxide powered foam maker. Something I've wanted since first seeing a Heston show in Oz. muwahahaha. My motive is purely whipped cream oriented.
Steamed with my favourite buns and ready for feasting. mmmmm.
Last night was the sens game and since Tom has become such an avid follower we got all set to watch it. A nice twist for hockey night was a surprise Heston experiment for dinner. Which ironically caused Tom to miss a third of the game as he secretly toiled away. The delicious result and perhaps the best fish I've ever eaten was rainbow trout on potatoes with a mustard and dill pickle sauce. Amazing!
All this Hestoning has culminated in Tom suggesting that we look into a nitros oxide powered foam maker. Something I've wanted since first seeing a Heston show in Oz. muwahahaha. My motive is purely whipped cream oriented.
Our afternoon walked took us past this local pub.
Didn't know Tom's dad had bought a pub in Ottawa.
Another tourist photo for Tom's ever growing collection.
We're definitely in Ottawa.





No comments:
Post a Comment