Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cooking and Pets


Tom and I have launched back into our old cooking habits. Trying out new recipes and satisfying some aussie food cravings. I don't have pictures of our caramel apple and pork sausage rolls or cauliflower, saffron and Gouda soup but you get the idea. There are some tasty things happening in Ottawa.
 Irish stew recipe thanks to a Sydney food blog.

Tonight's dinner thanks to Tom was Atlantic salmon, mashed potatoes, and Bois Boudran sauce. This came from a Heston Blumenthal book of Tom's that we've been looking at for a while. The salmon was sous vied too which makes it extra special. Thanks Timmeh!
 
 
 In other news we got a couple pets. We got them way back when we visited the Nature Museum. They are two little shrimp in a self contained eco system.

As of yet I haven't been able to come up with names for either of them. So if anyone has any suggestions send them! The jar is their temporary habitat and they come with a slightly larger container. However I still need to get some purified water for it. I've managed to forget all the specifications for it every time I'm shopping. Because the habitat has to support algae and bacteria as well there are a few restrictions surrounding the water you add. 
Lucky for us, our new little buddies are possible to tell apart, as one is all pink.

 And one has a brown spot.

 For a size reference this is my pinky. 
So tiny.

Currently I'm working on my scarves for the shop and a few new design jobs. There will be updates.

No comments: