To celebrate this momentous post I have a somewhat disjointed collection of topics for you all, with lots and lots of pictures.
Long ago during the start of our spring/ summer clothing arrivals at work I made a spelling error in the description of some items. At the time Tom and I had started watching the original series of Star Trek and it seems that all that space travel rubbed off on me.
Think of how fast you could move in a warp skirt!
I bring this up now because as of tonight Simone and I are going to Ottawa's first ever Comic Con! And the guests include William Shatner and Patrick Stewart. The possibility of meeting Shatner had me grinning all day. :D yay!
Since we're talking about nerdy things. Some of you may know that I am a long time Sherlock Holmes fan and I would say a bit of a purist. I have completely avoided the new "blockbuster" movies and stuck with my classic Jeremy Brett TV series. There is now a new TV series set in modern day London which is battling it out with Brett to become my new favourite. The last episode of the second season was pretty amazing and involved Professor Moriarty. This episode clearly struck a note with some viewers as starting a couple months ago these posters began appearing along my route to work downtown.
They make my day every time I find a new one.
Perhaps they will ease the year long wait till the next season.
I pulled a pretty good prank on Tom last week, telling him that I had a couple members of the Royal Family come into the shop. I was sort of telling the truth. hehehe
It is now coming up to the Tulip Festival here in Ottawa. One of my paths through downtown takes me through the park next to the National Gallery. It's been so rainy and grey lately that the combination of the blue sky and newly planted flowers was a great surprise. By lunch it had gone back to being rainy again. doh!
More food! This time of the burger variety. I've been trying out some recipes from a new site. This was chicken and zucchini patties with wasabi guacamole. mmmm.
Tonight we took things up a notch. Tom put his sous-vide skills to the test in an attempt to make the perfect burgers. Here Tom is pseudo vacuum sealing the patties. We read a great tip where you place the partly sealed bag in water and use that to squeeze out the air. It was genius.
Once the water reached the right temperature Tom put the sealed patties in to cook.
Our trusty thermometer helps us keep the temperature as steady as possible.
After 30 minutes we had tender pink patties, edible but not quite ready.
The final touch! Frying the patties for a crispy outside. drool*
Time to eat!











No comments:
Post a Comment