Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Left overs from February

You may remember way back when Tom and I were in Sydney I started looming a fish. Well I finished it.
On the loom.

Off the loom. I plan on keeping the strings and using them as part of my end design.


Not the best picture. Buuut it is the proof that even during the 3rd warmest winter in the recorded history of Ottawa it is still possible to build a skating rink on your front lawn. Mind you it wasn't possible to use it for that long.



This is what my mums backyard looked like a couple weeks ago. Lots of untouched snow now that Simone and I aren't rolling around and having snow ball fights all the time back there. That big pile is thanks to the driveway. Just as a note, I think this would have been taller if so much snow hadn't melted on our warmer days.



On a recent walk to the Glebe I saw this shop which hopefully Tom also noted. Because the idea is AWESOME. Tooth destroyingly awesome! Instead of flowers they make up bouquet of CANDY. mmmm.



Last week I walked out my front door and found an enormous crane arching over the street. It was very dramatic and a little strange that people and cars could walk and drive under it. It felt sort of like walking under a ladder. Like I probably shouldn't be doing it. Tom had the day off so I sent him on a mission to get photos.



This is from my phone coming home.





And from the apartment. It looked pretty cool.


Ever since he perfected his bolognese Tom has been thinking of ways that he could use the same basic idea for cooking meat and apply it to other dishes. He tried hamburgers in the summer and last week we combined our skills to make Aussie style meat pies. That were pretty yummy and looked fantastic. Definitely some of the nicest ones I've ever had.



I had my second last class a few weeks ago. In it I made this image for fun. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I like the style.


No comments: