This time Tom and I went on a Sunday, so there were lots of people around and the maple toffee stall was in full swing. mmmm, soooo yummy.
The canal and its new as of this year swanky skate huts. It makes the skateway look very modern and shames the shack style ones that serve food.
There was a stage in an area I had not seen before that had a bubble for musicians to play in. The DJ was pretty good and commanded a decent sized crowd.
Here's the rest of the space. The tents housed the bigger ice sculptures for the main competition. That line up curled around the yard. Tom and I were going to by pass the sculptures because of the line when we noticed it was completely open all the way along the walk way under the tents. So a few people including us just walked up. It was kind of silly.
These are what I remember as a kid. Totally fantastic works of art and skill. This was a viking god. It was awesome.
I don't know what this was but I liked the spirals detail.
A giant spider and possibley a cockroach. The unseasonably warm weather melted their legs almost completely away. It turns out we have a couple spiders over here bigger than Aussie ones. Not what I expected.
This was just a podium for info for one of the sculptures. Not very important but great pattern and light play.
There was a partial house built out of ice too. Here's the living room complete with an ice fire place.
My favourite part was this frozen fruit bowl on the kitchen island counter. There was a dip with a hole right in the middle from people touching it.
It was a fun day and now Winterlude is over. The weather was quite warm today all the way up to 3˚ so there's not much of a chance that Tom and I will get to skate this year. Darn.
In other news, I found out that the release date of the book my pattern is being used for the endpages in, is April 15th. I'll be getting a copy and putting some pictures of my work on my Octochair Studios blog. On that note, I finally put some of my latest design project on that blog. So check it out!
A little art update: some of my fabric designs from Oz arrived. I'll be using them to make spring scarves.
You may remember my beaded fish that I started in Sydney. Well I finally finished it and will now begin play and see if I can make it 3D.












No comments:
Post a Comment