Last weekend my aunt Vicky came for a visit and a skate. On Monday Tom and I took her around downtown including the ice sculptures in Confederation park. I'm enjoying living two blocks from all these events. This is one that caught my eye. It's a bit funny looking because we had an unusually warm day with it going up to 2˚C. So quite a few of these smaller sculptures were difficult to figure out and surrounded by ice rubble. Tom and I didn't manage a skate due to this, hopefully this weekend it'll happen.
Some neon wolves. It looked like the colour was frozen paint or water. They sort of look like they are being viewed with heat vision.
Vicky and Tom discuss a sculpture made of skates and hockey sticks.
The queen made an appearance. This was fairly big and all wrapped up so it wouldn't melt. It was in honour of the 60 years Liz has been on the throne.
A tent from Norway (I believe). Neither Tom or I had realized that teepees existed outside of North America. It was very neat and had animal pelts strung up inside, I presume for warmth.
I see they were quite advanced at fire safety too.
We managed a quick stop at our local candy shop. Tom found a new friend.
We ran into another less friendly looking beast. Possibly the snobbiest looking lion I've ever seen. But a nice touch to the post office non the less.
And look what we have here. Another sighting our her majesty. Except that after looking at the block the lion sat on we discovered the building at least is older than the Queen. So perhaps it is just chance that the lady looks exactly like her?
I'm putting together a new post for my other blog it'll be up by Sunday evening with pictures of my latest work too!








No comments:
Post a Comment