Day two we went to the Tut exhibit at the AGO which was great and this time I managed to get some sketches.
The new stairs
My coat had inexplicably broken (the zipper got stuck around my neck but opened everywhere else). So I had to struggle for 5 minutes just to get out. When I finally gave up trying to make it work and just stopped zipping it up I also determined to find a replacement coat. Which is how Tom and I ended up at the Eaton center and found this on a cafeteria table.
From there (and without a new working coat) we met Dad and Conchita and went walking in the search of a new wardrobe.
The sculpture garden
Dad took some time to admire some pylons.


Back at home, the dogs found some comfy spots under our feet, but not wanting to share pace could only just manage to move their heads around to fight for the top dog position.


We made it back to Ottawa after a nice day spent reading and hanging out.
After returning, I decided that I want to make a baked brie, but not thinking that we had and puff pastry I thought I'd give my Grandad's recipe a try.
Making the dough went well, but after rolling all the layers my hands started to hurt.


It disappeared very quickly all the same.

I made a fire and after getting it going with some news paper, I noticed that one word had not burned away.

I thought it was funny how it was like a label for what I was burning.


Today I dropped Tom off at the airport and he is currently on his way to Vancouver. When I got back I found Tika trying to use my computer. So far she had managed caps lock and num lock.

We made it back to Ottawa after a nice day spent reading and hanging out.
After returning, I decided that I want to make a baked brie, but not thinking that we had and puff pastry I thought I'd give my Grandad's recipe a try.
Pre-oven, I put a fig jam on top of the brie.
The pastry did puff a little, but I have to work on it some more.
Yesterday Tom got to shovel some snow for the first time.
I made a fire and after getting it going with some news paper, I noticed that one word had not burned away.
I thought it was funny how it was like a label for what I was burning.
Simone was working very hard.
Today I dropped Tom off at the airport and he is currently on his way to Vancouver. When I got back I found Tika trying to use my computer. So far she had managed caps lock and num lock.
No comments:
Post a Comment