Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tom's re-visit to Canada

Before the main post, my nails from a while back, just caused I like them.





Tom got here on the evening of the 9th and I've been carting him around Ottawa to show him all the things he didn't get to see / do when he was in Ottawa last time. It started with a Sens game. On the 11th we saw the Sens play Washington. It was a pretty fantastic first time Sens game for both of us. Me also being a newbie meant I didn't altogether get all of the rules, so some of the face offs and stops in play were a bit confusing.


Here's our view (zoomed in) from way back in literally the very last row .


The final score.


The sens game was followed by two days of me at work which was followed by WINTERLUDE!
Simone was adamant that I see some clothes and shoes before she bought them and Tom and I were going to see the ice sculptures downtown anyways, so we layered on our clothing and caught a bus.



After our shopping with Simone, Tom and I headed back through Rideau to Confederation park and ran into this suspicious character.


Right as we walked into the ice sculpture area I made a very important discovery, which saved Tom another flight back to Ottawa in the spring, maple toffee in snow.





After de-stickafying ourselves from the toffee and still licking our fingers we remembered the ice sculptures.
Some love-struck dragons.

Sasquatch and wolf-man

A unicorn and a very odd were-moose

I really enjoyed this art piece, wrapped up trees

This polar bear was probably one of my most favourite sculptures, partly because of how visitors could touch it. Somehow that made it more like a real bear.

Chinese dragon

Aladdin

A mermaid, this one won first place.

An ancient Egyptian god
Tom's first glimpse of the canal and what was in store for him the next day.

Speaking of which. It turns out Tom really can skate.

And I still remember how too.

Tom got the real beavertail experience, burning hot chocolate and all.

The rest of our adventures will be in the next post, at the same Bat-Place!

No comments: