Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Studio practice

No pictures today. I spent my day off struggling with various printing equipment. I've begun making my t-shirts and of course it's on day one that I am figuring out a good routine and fine tuning the processes. As well as being a bit rusty I had to deal with an exposure unit that I've constructed out of a studio light and tripod that wasn't fully exposing the screens, adhesive that stuck the emulsion in places I didn't want it, emulsion washing out of places I did want it and finally images too close to the edge of the screen which I then couldn't print. The end result, my first test t-shirt is only half done, and I have to re-make a two screens. I am learning a lot though and getting to know my homemade equipment very well. After a good nights rest I think I can move more quickly tomorrow and hopefully have a couple of shirts done by the afternoon.

o99999999999999999iyhhbq rte (Miso just walked across the keyboard)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be worth it !! Glad to hear you're still at it.

Muma