Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Cat Empire and King Tut

So on Saturday Dad and I had a reunion hot chocolate with an old friend which was very very fun.
From there we walked over to the AGO to see the Tut exhibit. On the way we saw this squirrel. I thought it had some pretty crazy colours and it was big.


Here's the entrance in Tut theme.



The exhibit was totally incredible. I'm still in awe of the detail and craftsmanship accomplished over 3000 years ago. And so much gold!
That evening Conchita, Dad and I went to see The Cat Empire and after me forgetting my ID at home and a major save by Conchita's daughter (bringing me my purse) I was able get into the above 19 area and the seats in the upper lever. We had a great view I managed to get one mostly in focus picture. They were totally amazing and I had a really fantastic time.


I got back to Ottawa Saturday just in time for my work Christmas party which almost didn't happen save for a few of us that actually showed. I had fun hanging out with them. Now I'm gearing up for a long and busy Christmas at work, I'm told it gets very very hectic at this time of year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maddy, thanks for coming to visit. But remember it was me who had the great advice to leave your ID at home. So glad Jamie and Charles were able to trek out with your purse (phew!)

Cat Empire was a great show. Really liked both the singers - very different voices - and the rest of the band were amazingly good.

Dad