Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Big Rake

Today's adventure takes place in the front yard. Chuck, mum and I set out to free the lawn/ garden from the clutches of a hoard of leaves.


We managed to finish the front yard. Part way through a truck pulled up in front of the house. Out of this truck stepped a man some where between he very large smile and his quick movements to the back of his truck led me to the decision that he was about to try and sell us something. I was right. It was a wooden frame to hold the brown bags open. He did his pitch and we let him fill a bag with leaves for us. It did work quite well and upon reflection it was probably worth another demo... you know just to make sure that the first time wasn't a fluke.


There were still two more bags to add to this pile. So... many... leaves... must.... keep... raking.


Most of the leaves are gone now so the street is starting to look very wintery.


One more day before the newly paved driveway can be used.


The pumpkins have been slowly getting eaten away by squirrels. They've now been retired to the compost.





Meanwhile inside the house.... Tika found some bike chains to rub against. I decided that I should help get the grease off.


Tika was not too thrilled about my help.


She managed to console herself after with a snack.


I recovered over some hot chocolate and Chuck prepare a couple ducks for later meals. These are utility-grade and we found out why. It turns out they only have one leg each. Interesting...

No comments: