Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The printing continues

Well I've made some progress on the print front. I've got almost my complete repeat pattern planned out and I'm very close to completing my first intaglio print.

This is the layout for my repeat pattern as you can see I have one more drawing to do around the scene with the diver sitting in the chair.


one of my first colour proofs

Texture of sculpture

second colour proof

I have since added more coral and more colours in the the background/ water. So it looks much better.

I'm also working on some bracelets that I can sell at a craft fair. I'm working out the kinks with the materials I have but so far I like how they are turning out.





In recently past news I have some pictures Tom and I took of some adventures. On one particular day I decided to see what happens when you put advil into water. These are Tom's studies of it.



A note, unless you have a sore throat don't swallow the liquid inside of advil... it makes throats go numb.

Some highlight of the house.
This ice has now melted. But for a while Tom was wondering if we should be worried and maybe try to break it off.


Evidence that there is a smoker in our apartment who leans out the window.... Or we have a giant pepper grinder and we like to spice up our neighbors roof.

I also recently got back some prints I made in the summer and have been able to take some decent photos of them.





close up

close up


I am now on my midterm break so I will have some more completed prints in another week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like the scuba prints...