Thursday, February 12, 2009

School Update

Time for another blog about the Fax. Tom and I have settled in to the new place nicely we now have a table so we can eat dinner like real people and I've got a big shelf for all my stuff.

I'm really enjoying my classes, in my intaglio class I've been getting my mind back in gear for that media. It's been about 2 years since I've done anything in it. I've got a couple ideas for prints in the works. For my advanced class I'm doing more pattern work. The pattern I've working on at the moment is based on Toile wallpaper designs. It's very simple colours with images of people and scenery that make up the design. This is one of my images for that... it's not quite finished.


My other two classes are art history I just finished an essay for my Canadian art history class and now I'm gearing up for my German film history one.

Tom's been enjoying his time here so far. He's been hanging out at home while I'm at classes. Today we ventured out in the fog, rain and lake-sized puddles to get my address updated on my id. After waiting for what seemed like ages I ended up getting a stick to put on my card.. It feels a little silly. I think I was expected to get a new card. Anyways the adventure took us near a walmart and after popping into a dollar store so Tom could try on all the sunnies we wondered around in the walmart there for a few minutes. It was Tom's first time.

This weekend looks to be filled with printing. However there is a Valentines dance that I'm thinking we might go to and at the moment it's the ice wine festival. So on Saturday night we're going to go to a restaurant for dessert and ice wine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm....romantic!

Anonymous said...

Am waiting for more news from this snowy part of Oz.