Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas take two. This time with more snow!

Ok so it's a bit late for another Christmas post. But I blame issues uploading photos for that one.  So here is the first tree Tom and I have decorated together. Mum added the blue light after. It was quite a success.


Christmas eve Tom and I went to stay at mum and Chuck's so we didn't have to worry about busing in the morning. As we made our way over I was discussing with Tom how unusual it was for there to be no snow at this time of year and that it would be the very first year I could remember not having snow on Christmas. 

Christmas morning we woke up to stuffed stockings by the fireplace...

And SNOW! It made for an excellent finishing touch to a day spent lounging in front of the fireplace playing with new toys (like my ipad), and eating delicious food. mmmm.

It wasn't all fun and games for everyone though. Someone discovered the left over boxes.

And was unable to free herself when dropped inside one. What a squishy angry face.

Good thing Simone was there to save the day and comfort a grumpy kitty.

Tom and I had four days off together. Most were spent relaxing and re-couperating after the chaos of a retail Christmas. We did check out the National Art Gallery and it's resident spider. If I'm not mistaken it's actually bigger than a typical Aussie spider.

Tom striking his usual pose. One of my favourite features of living downtown is that this whole area of Ottawa is well within walking distance.

The National Gallery's tree was a little bigger than ours. They always do that. harumph.

On our way home I couldn't resist a picture of Tom with his totem animal. I'm pretty everyone I know is aware of his fascination with squirrels. And my fascination with his fascination. We've had a sudden increase in squirrel themed things. Totally my fault too.

The wonderful downtown lights.

I've been enjoying the lights downtown so much and that I walk by them all the time. So I was sad when a week or two ago they had the official un-lighting of the trees. I grabbed my chance on the last night to get one of the best views in the city. 


Tom's also taken up liking hockey. So I've now seen more games then ever before in my life. Which wasn't hard since I think I'd seen four. My friend Lindsay invited us to the home team the Ottawa Senators skills event. Where they and some guest kids compete at various events. Fastest slap shot, fastest lap, best accuracy etc. Here's the slap shot event. 

All the grown up players on the ice did this basically the whole time they weren't participating. It's looked very noble and sort of like they were stretching. It wasn't until nearly the end that I mentioned it to Tom and he pointed out it was so those on the bench could see. Oh. I still think it looks funny. 

Accuracy. Look at the top left target mid explosion!

The icing on the cake of the day. The losing team was given a pylon! It made me wish I'd been cheering for them the whole time... but alas my half of the team got some trophy.  Clearly the guy doesn't understand what he's getting, otherwise he wouldn't look so sad.

In other news I am starting a new and more public blog for my art. I'll put the address up once I actually post something on it. I'm still trying to figure out how I want it to be.

No comments: