It's been a very busy month in Ottawa. I'd forgotten what retail is like at this time of year. I've had this post half finished for about 2 weeks and haven't had the energy to finish it. So here we go...
Way back on the first weekend of December, Tom and I went for an early Christmas in Kingston. We took VIA rail there and I had fun checking out the sights on the way.
Like a wall.
We stayed in a really fun inn that is in a very old house and furnished with antiques. There is an amazing drawing room with a wood fire. And since it was technically winter the fire was burning. Mind you outside still didn't look very wintery.
Tom and I were in an "Oriental" themed room. I learned that antique people were definitely on the small size as I just fit the length of the bed. It was very cozy though and we had some pretty amazing lamps.
And I enjoyed the characters in our carpet as well.
This time three years ago there was a kangaroo wearing a Santa hat outside this shop. Clearly that wasn't big enough.
December is also birthday month so our birthday ladies shared candle and cake cutting duties. I attempted cake decorating duties but it wasn't my finest work. The icing container was very difficult. So I think I will have to make some cakes and practice.
I did my usual pylon spotting.
Time to go home.
Next time will be Christmas in Ottawa. This time I won't wait a month.










No comments:
Post a Comment