Well it's fall now. Tom and I have moved and are settling into our new place. The day we moved was a little chilly so it also heralded the first fire of the season to warm us up before we headed back to spend our first night as downtown dwellers.
This is the lobby and the wall that I love. It reminds of Mayan architecture.
The wall.
It may have had a small influence over my liking of the building (aside from the fantasticness if the apartment itself).
We had a very busy first week, new lino floors in the kitchen and bathroom. Re- enameling of the tub that was delayed until the end of the month when a hot water leak was discovered. A couple days of plumbers. Long waits for the internet. At least I had the foresight to get our electricity turned on (that has escaped me before). Our bathroom by the way is going to be really hard to find matching things.
Everything is pretty much sorted now. And after a busy work week I was able to start unpacking. We're still finding the best spots for various furniture and I have quite a few boxes left to go through. But both Tom and I are really happy with the apartment and how close it is to both our work places. Here's the view from one possible route home.
I decided the view from our wall of windows is like living in the Jetsons world. We have these office buildings on one side that glow and look kinda futuristic at night.
Fun quirks we have discovered so far. Our fridge makes a funny sound that has led to the nickname Techno Fridge. It makes it just quiet enough you can't hear it in the bedroom but at silent - serious points of a movie seems very inappropriate.
All our sockets have been painted over many times, some take a fair bit of work to plug things into. And they are all upside down.
Voting day. I had to go back to my mums to vote in that neighbourhood. That morning I found out we have a voting station in our lobby. Darn.
About a week ago I found out the swap box is feeling the full effect of the start of the school year.
Tom christened our new cooking pots with his now famous 4 hour bolognese. During his prep we made a shocking discovery between purchased tomatoes and homegrown ones.
Store bought tomatoes are orange.
I don't even like raw tomatoes and this disappoints me. To further make my point, my water bottle is neon orange and the tomato totally matches it. harumph!
We had a small Thanksgiving dinner at mums which was incredible. The left overs disappeared very quickly. mmmmm...
I'm right in the midst of my Algonquin courses. They seem to have put quite a lot of them in October so I'm pretty busy with that lately. We're both enjoying work and I'll have a mural update soon. It's almost done.












No comments:
Post a Comment